OSHA Periodic (Annual) Overhead Crane & Hoist Inspection
The Periodic (Annual) Overhead Crane and Hoist Inspection is a detailed visual and operational inspection. Individual components are examined to determine their condition. The Periodic Inspection is performed Annually, Semi-Annually and perhaps even Quarterly based on severity of service, environment and continual usage.
29 CFR 1910.179, ASME B30.2 & CMAA Spec-78
Provide the requirements for Crane and Hoist Periodic (Annual) Inspections.
The Periodic Inspection shall be performed by a qualified inspector.
CCTI, Inc. technicians are trained and qualified to inspect, analyze and repair deficiencies found during inspections.
Below is a brief list of Periodic Inspection items per regulations:
- Crane Structure - Girders, end trucks, walkways, ladders, and cab
- Runway and building structure
- Gear Case and transmissions
- Signs, labels and markings
- Sheaves and drums
- Shafts, axles, wheels, couplings
- Brakes (holding and control)
- Indicators, gages
- Control panels, conductor system and electrical components
- Covers and Guards
- Bumpers and end stops
- Wire rope, chain, hook and bottom blocks
Each system will be given operational tests to verify all functions operate properly. An Inspection report analysis will be provided upon completion of inspection detailing recommended repairs.
CCTI, Inc. will help you stay OSHA compliant by providing you a thorough Crane and Hoist Periodic Inspection.